The term 'Carcraft' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Nixon Street, Rochdale, OL11 3JW. Our company registration number is 819414, registered in England and Wales. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
* Terms and conditions apply including £1,000 claims limit. Excludes business use.
↑ Viewing only from 10am.
Terms & Conditions of Drive Happy Guarantee
1. It is a condition of the Guarantee that your car must be serviced regularly in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommended service intervals. Such services can be carried out without charge at a Carcraft Service Centre for the term of your Drive Happy Package. (See Servicing Terms and Conditions).
2. It is your responsibility to establish your car’s manufacturer’s servicing intervals (including interim services where applicable) and ensure your car is serviced and maintained accordingly. If you need any help or advice with this, please call Carcraft Customer Service on 0800 923 9495*.
3. If at the point of sale you don’t know when your car was last serviced, or has incomplete/no service history, you need to get a full service carried out within 6,000 miles or 6 months of purchase, whichever is sooner. This service can be carried out without charge at a Carcraft Service Centre. (See Servicing Terms and Conditions.)
4. If you do not have your car serviced at a Carcraft Service Centre, you must provide proof that it has been serviced. We will need to see invoices and receipts – we cannot accept a stamp in a service book on its own as proof of service.
5. If you choose not to take advantage of the servicing included in this package at a Carcraft Service Centre, we recommend you use a VAT registered garage. Please note that we will not cover the cost of your service if you choose not to use a Carcraft Service Centre.
6. If you choose to get your car serviced or repaired somewhere other than a Carcraft Service Centre, we cannot take any responsibility for the quality of the service or repair, and any problems you experience should be raised directly with the garage who undertook the work.
7. If you fall behind in the servicing or maintenance of your car, please contact Customer Service on 0800 923 9495*. We will do our best to offer a revalidation inspection which will bring your servicing up to date and ensure that your car remains covered under the Carcraft Guarantee.
8. Failure to service your car in accordance with 1-6 above may result in a claim being declined.
9. You must contact us immediately on a fault first occurring or as soon as reasonably practicable.
10. If you bring your car to a Carcraft Service Centre, we will undertake any exploratory, diagnostic or dismantling work required for a nominal fee of £40. If however, we need to send your car to a specialist for further diagnosis further charges may be incurred - we’ll keep you updated should this happen. If your claim is subsequently authorised, the cost of the exploratory, diagnostic or dismantling work will be reimbursed to you providing this cost, plus the cost of repair, falls within the claims limit. If you choose to use a different garage, you will be responsible for authorising and paying for any exploratory, diagnostic or dismantling work. Only exploratory, diagnostic or dismantling costs which are both necessary and reasonable will be reimbursed and if no fault is found, or the fault is not covered by the Guarantee, we will not reimburse you. You are strongly advised to get an estimate for any exploratory, diagnostic or dismantling work before commissioning such work. We recommend you speak to our Customer Service team on 0800 923 9495* as soon as you experience a problem, so that we can help you choose the best way of sorting it out quickly.
11. If your vehicle is dismantled, and you do not wish us to carry out the repair, reassembly charges may apply.
12. We prefer you to use a Carcraft Service Centre or one of our network garages as they can be instantly authorised to carry out any approved repairs. We pay them directly so you don’t have to worry about having to claim the money back from us. If you do choose to use a different repairer, we will only pay up to £40.00 per hour for non-franchised and £55.00 per hour for franchised garages, and only up to the ICME published repair times. Any labour costs that exceed these prices and times will not be covered under the Carcraft Guarantee.
13. Carcraft retains the right to instruct an independent engineer to inspect your car before and/or after any repair or replacement is carried out.
14. Carcraft has the right to specify the use of guaranteed reconditioned or exchanged units where reasonable to do so.
15. The maximum for any one claim is £1,000 on a 1 year Guarantee; £1,500 on a 3 year Guarantee; £2,000 on a 4 year Guarantee and £2,500 on a 5 year Guarantee (including VAT). The aggregate for all claims during the term of the Guarantee is the original purchase price of the car.
16. If you travel abroad in your car you must take out appropriate breakdown cover as the Guarantee will not cover the costs associated with transferring your car back to the UK. If you have to have your car repaired abroad because the repair is essential, you will have to pay for the repair yourself and we can process the claim when you arrive back in the UK. You will need to provide us with appropriate documentation showing the cause of the failure and the cost of repair. Any foreign documents must be accompanied by an English translation. If a part is replaced you must keep the old part so that we can inspect it if we need to. We recommend that you try to contact us from abroad by telephoning Customer Service on 0800 923 9495* so that we can provide as much assistance to you as possible.
17. The terms of this Guarantee do not affect your statutory rights and the Guarantee is given in addition to your legal rights in relation to goods which are faulty or which otherwise do not conform with their description.
18. All cancellation requests for the extended Drive Happy Package must be put in writing and directed to: Customer Services Department, Carcraft, Nixon Street, Rochdale OL11 3JW within 30 days of purchase.
19. The total mileage under this Guarantee must not exceed 10,000 miles under the 1 year Guarantee, 30,000 miles under the 3 year Guarantee, 40,000 miles under the 4 year Guarantee and 50,000 miles under the 5 year Guarantee.
20. Your Carcraft Guarantee will automatically expire once the maximum mileage limit has been exceeded.
Drive Happy Exclusions
It’s easier for us to list what we don’t cover rather than everything that we do! All aspects of this Drive Happy Guarantee Package are limited to the term of the Guarantee or the mileage limit specified on the inside front cover of this booklet, whichever is sooner.
The following are expressly excluded:
• Wear and tear, deterioration, workshop consumables and serviceable items such as oil and other fluids; spark plugs; glow plugs; filters (including Diesel Particulate Filters); valves and gaskets; ancillary drive belts; brake discs/pads; fuses; light units/bulbs; tyres; wiper blades; shock absorbers; MacPherson struts; exhaust systems, including catalytic converters; batteries; clutch facings; routine checks/adjustments/calibrations and software updates; flywheels and dual mass flywheels; wheel bearings, seals, connectors and bushes; pipes; hoses; nuts and bolts; handles; hinges; locks; cables and wires.
• Trim and bodywork including; seats (covers, frames, springs, seatbelts, headrests and seat adjusters); bumpers; mouldings; paint; sheet metal; front and rear windscreens; body seals; aerials; wheels.
• In car entertainment, safety and security including bluetooth; sat nav systems; radio/CD players; parking aids and sensors; keys and remote key fobs; tracker systems; immobilisers.
• Faulty manufacture or design including cabriolet water ingress.
• Road traffic accident or any other accidental damage.
• The full cost of repairs (authorised or unauthorised) that have been carried out by a person, company or business connected with you.
• Any non-mechanical or non-electrical part.
The remainder of our exclusions can be protected against by ensuring you look after your car, stick to the manufacturer’s recommendations on maintaining your vehicle and don’t misuse or
abuse your vehicle. We expressly exclude:
• Any claim if your car is used in any sort of competition, rally or racing of any kind.
• Any loss or damage as a result of alteration or modification to the manufacturer’s specification carried out by you or with your knowledge and/or consent.
• Any claim for loss where the odometer has been tampered with, altered or disconnected by you or with your knowledge and consent.
• Any loss or damage due to any type of fraud, misuse or any act of omission or negligence by you or any other user of the car.
• Use of incorrect fuel grade or contaminated fuel.
• Driver abuse.
• Component failure due to lack of lubrication, failure to check other fluid levels and adjusting where necessary, or ignoring any warning signals, gauges or lights.
• This Guarantee is for personal use only and does not cover business use (such as use as a taxi, for driving instruction, courier business etc.).
• Any parts which are corroded, melted, frozen, seized, water-logged, blocked, damaged or have carbon build up.
• All damage caused by a failure to replace the cambelt in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations.
• Any part that has not failed but is recommended by the manufacturer as good practice to replace or maintain.
RAC Roadside, Recovery and At Home Terms & Conditions
1. RAC Roadside, Recovery and At Home is available for the driver of the car and any member of your party. RAC Roadside, Recovery and At Home operates in the United Kingdom.
2. In the Republic of Ireland we offer roadside cover. If the RAC cannot fix your car at the roadside then they will tow you to a place of safety or up to 20 miles, but will not provide full assistance.
3. If you are stranded on a public highway (or other accessible road or area to which the public has right of access) because the car has a breakdown, RAC will arrange for a contractor to assist you who will try to repair the car at the roadside.
4. Roadside and Recovery includes labour at the scene of the breakdown but not labour at any garage to which the car is taken. (However, this may be covered by your Carcraft Guarantee. Please refer to Guarantee terms and conditions on page 6.)
5. If RAC cannot arrange for the vehicle to be repaired locally within a reasonable time, RAC will arrange for the vehicle and up to 8 people (including the driver) to be taken home or to any other single address. If there are more than 5 people this may require two separate vehicles. An adult
must accompany any persons under the age of 16. If you have no preferred destination, RAC will arrange for the car to be taken to a nearby garage.
6. Residents of Northern Ireland are entitled to be recovered from the Republic of Ireland.
7. RAC At Home allows you to use Roadside services within 1/4 mile of your home or the place where you normally keep your vehicle.
8. RAC will not arrange to tow or transport any car, which, in their reasonable opinion, is loaded beyond its legal limit.
9. If the car is in a position where RAC cannot arrange for work to be undertaken on it, tow it, or wheels have been removed, RAC can arrange to rectify this but you will have to pay the costs.
10. RAC cannot procure services for your car if it is unattended.
11. RAC do not guarantee to procure services in whole, or in part, if they or their contractors are prevented from doing so by circumstances beyond their control.
12. RAC/their contractors reserve the right to refuse to give service if anyone in your party behaves in a threatening or abusive way to RAC or contractor staff.
13. If the service you require is not included within your package, RAC will try, if you wish, to arrange it at your expense. The terms of, and payment for, any such service are a matter for you and the supplier and RAC will not act as an agent for you or the supplier.
14. If you are towing a caravan or trailer up to 3,500 KG (3.5 tonnes) gross weight, 7.6 metres in length including tow bar and 2.25 metres in width, RAC will arrange for the recovery of your car together with the caravan or trailer to any single location. We recommend that you always carry a serviceable spare tyre and wheel appropriate to your car, caravan or trailer. Caravans and
trailers which are outside of these stipulations are not covered.
15. At Home does not cover items such as caravans, trailers or other objects being towed.
16. The cost of any parts provided by RAC to fix your vehicle at the roadside must be paid in full by credit/debit card at the time of the breakdown before work can commence.
17. Except in relation to any claim you may have for death or personal injury, if the RAC are in breach of the arrangements under this cover, the RAC will not be liable for any losses or damages which are not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach, for example, loss of profit, loss of revenue or anticipated savings, loss of contracts, or for any business losses.
18. For battery related faults your policy entitlements are as follows:
• RAC’s initial attendance for a battery related fault is included in your policy’s entitlement.
• The fitting of any parts or batteries purchased by you prior to our attendance is not covered. This is to ensure that parts are fitted from reputable sources in order to avoid secondary callouts.
• RAC will test your battery at that initial breakdown attendance. If the battery is no longer serviceable and so fails the test you will be advised to replace it.
• If a condemned (non serviceable) battery is not replaced, we may provide further assistance to a battery related fault but in this case a separate charge will apply. The charge will be payable by credit or debit card before assistance can be arranged.
RAC Roadside, Recovery and At Home Exclusions
RAC Roadside, Recovery and At Home does not cover:
• Breakdowns which would be prevented by routine servicing of your vehicle.
• Any labour other than that incurred at the roadside including, without limitation, garages.
• The cost of parts, fuel or other supplies.
• Replacing tyres or windows.
• Missing or broken keys. RAC will try and arrange the services of a locksmith if you pay them direct.
• The cost of ferry crossings, road toll and congestion charges.
• Vehicles being used under trade plates.
• Contaminated fuel. However, RAC will arrange for the car to be taken to a local garage for you to arrange and pay for any work carried out.
• Any car storage charges before, during or after any assistance provided by RAC.
• Assistance following an accident, fire, theft or vandalism or other incident normally covered by a motor insurance policy. RAC can arrange assistance if you pay for the cost of assistance. (You may be able to recover these costs under the terms of your motor insurance policy).
• If there are animals in your car, their onward transportation is at RAC’s sole discretion and it is carried out solely at your risk. RAC will not insure any animal or livestock in transit, during any onward transportation.
• A second Recovery if:
a) the original fault has not been repaired properly by a party other than RAC;
b) RAC have advised you that it is a temporary repair; or
c) The desired destination cannot accept the vehicle due to company opening hours or other restrictions.
If a second Recovery is required this service can be provided but a charge will be made dependent on the service required, time of day and distance. These charges will be payable by credit/debit card prior to the relevant service being provided.
• Recoveries from the Republic of Ireland if the car does not reside in Northern Ireland
• Rectifying failed repairs attempted by you or someone on your behalf.
• The reimbursement of taxi fares.
• Cars that have broken down as a result of taking part in a motor sport event which takes place off the road and/or is not subject to the normal rules of the road are not covered.
• Loss caused by any delay, whether the benefit or service is being provided by RAC or someone else (for example a garage, hotel, car hire company or carrier, etc)
• Any incident affecting a vehicle hired by you even if arranged for you by the RAC.
• Any consequence whatsoever which is the direct or indirect result of any of the following, or anything connected with any of the following, whether or not such consequence has been contributed to by any other cause or event:
a) War, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities or a warlike operation or operations (whether war be declared or not), civil war, mutiny, rebellion, revolution, military rising, insurrection, civil commotion assuming the proportions of or amounting to an uprising, military or usurped power.
Terrorism is defined as any act or acts including, but not limited to:
i) the use or threat of force and/or violence and/or
ii) harm or damage to life or to property (or the threat of such harm or damage) including, but not limited to, harm or damage by nuclear and/or chemical and/or biological and /or radiological means
• caused or occasioned by any person(s) or group(s) of persons in whole or in part for political, religious, ideological or similar purposes including, but not limited to, the intention to influence any government and/or to put the public or any section of the public in fear, or is claimed to be
caused or occasioned in whole or in part for such purposes.
c) Any action taken in controlling, preventing, suppressing or in any way relating to (a) or (b) above.
• Any claim as a result of vehicle breakdown due to:
a) running out of oil or water;
b) frost damage;
c) rust or corrosion;
d) tyres which are not roadworthy;
e) using the incorrect fuel.
• Any claim where the vehicle is being driven by persons who do not hold a full United Kingdom or other recognised and accepted driving licence valid for use in the United Kingdom
• Any personal effects, valuables or luggage left in the vehicle or in any trailer, boat or caravan or any other item being towed by or used in conjunction with the vehicle. These are your responsibility.
Competition entry is not conditional upon the purchase of goods. Entry limitations and closing date for entries as stated on the promotion. Winner will be notified via telephone or email within 8 weeks thereafter. Carcraft will take reasonable steps to contact the winner. If for whatever reason Carcraft is unable to make contact with the winner after the taking of such reasonable steps or alternatively upon making contact the winner fails to collect the prize, Carcraft reserves the right to withdraw the prize in its absolute discretion. Any prize that has not been collected within 90 days of notification to the winner will automatically be deemed withdrawn. Persons involved in the promotion and the execution of the draw, employees of UK Car Group, their agents or service companies cannot enter the competition. Neither can all persons under the age of 18. We reserve the right to feature photographs, names and locations of prize winners. Responsibility cannot be accepted for entries lost or damaged in the post. Proof of postage will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The winners will be selected at random. Entry into the competition will be deemed acceptance of these rules. A list of winners, names and hometowns will only be available on receipt of a stamped addressed envelope to: The Competition Manager, Carcraft Nixon Street Rochdale OL11 3JW. Prizes are non-transferable. No correspondence will be entered into concerning competitions.
Information that you give us when you use this website.Carcraft is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.Carcraft may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st February 2011.